LET US TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THE FESTIVAL :
Friday & Saturday Program recommendations:
- WE RECOMMEND attending 2-3 Master classes on Friday & 2-3 on Saturday afternoon, before the evening Grand Tasting event on Sept 14th.
- GRAB A BITE TO EAT in the time provided after the final classes ends on Saturday (5:30-7:00pm). There are 3 restaurants on site including one “The Maclab Bistro” only 10 steps away from the Grand Tasting room entrance. You can also ask our staff where the best restaurants in Banff are located. They will be more than happy to make you a reservation or provide you with a contact to any one of the top 10 restaurants in town. We want to save you time and make sure you enjoy your time in Banff.
- Or take some time to relax, enjoy the wilderness around the Banff Centre on several mountain trails or head into town for a bit of shopping. What ever you decide to do, make sure you stay hydrated before the main event. If you want extra time to "talk whisky" and try a few rare expressions, please consider the VIP tasting ticket. This VIP add-on ticket gives you (1) extra hour of access (6:00pm) to the Grand Tasting event on Saturday evening. There are only 55 VIP add-on tickets available this year. There will be some rare and exclusive bottles available only during this hour.
- FREE PARKING can be found in several areas of the Banff Centre. There are 3 parking lots within 150 meters of the Kinnear Centre building that are fine to park in overnight. Disabled parking spots are also available directly in front of the Kinnear Centre.
- The Kinnear Centre as well as much of the Banff Centre campus and 3 onsite restaurants are WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE and the building has several elevators accessing all levels of the BWE event site. The Master classes are on the 2nd floor & the Grand Tasting event is on the main floor.
- FOOD & WATER will be served in the evening tasting room throughout the night. The BWE wants to make sure you have lots of water and the opportunity to cleans your pallet throughout the tasting. The night is about whisky, but we will make sure you can snack on tasty food and take a break if needed. Lets celebrate this wonderful spirit together, in a safe and inviting environment.
- “THE PARK DISTILLERY SUNSET TERRACE” outdoor lounge area will be an place for attendees to sit down and relax around a warm fire and enjoy thoughtful craft cocktails created by our local Banff distillery. Here you will enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains as the sun sets behind the western slopes (7:40pm). The Banff Whisky Experience wants to provide a comfortable environment for you to enjoy, while tasting these incredible spirits.
- COAT CHECK will be available on site at the registration desk.
- NO MINERS ALLOWED. Tickets are only available to 18+ attendees. Proof of age (ID) is required before entrance.